Thursday, August 5, 2010

Words to Live By

I have been meaning to share this since I found it in Boston a couple weeks ago, but better late than never, right?

I love motivational quotes. They are inspiring, uplifting and can help one look towards a better future. However, I have definitely seen a lot of repeats throughout my window-shopping life and rarely find something I am in love with. But, this one was different - I had never seen it before! I immediately whipped out my phone and snapped a quick pic so that I could do just this with it. It's also the current background of my cell phone, so I read it quite often.

"This is your world. Shape it or someone else will." How true. Mr. Lew's two short sentences say a lot when put side by side - take charge of your life, make the most of what you have, strive to achieve more, do what you want to do and don't let others dictate your life. This may sound weird, but I really felt like it spoke to me. (I didn't really hear anything, but, really, if you have read any posts leading up to this, you know why.) This year is my year and I'm doing exactly what Mr. Lew suggests! I decided to put me first back on New Year's Day and I think I'm doing a pretty good job of it.

On a lighter, more humourously-great note, this car was in front of me this morning. I pretty much freaked out, because, well, LOOK AT THE LICENSE PLATE! It says 'glam'. Clearly, the glam gods have been throwing things down at me, as this is not my first recent glam encounter. (I know my photo sucks, but I was on the highway ramp.) Hope it makes your day just as it made mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment