Thursday, August 25, 2011

Peace Out, Maine

This day has been a long time coming. I have been talking about my departure for graduate school for over a year now but I can’t believe it’s actually here. These past 365 days have been crazy. I have enjoyed every moment for what it is – happy or sad – made continuous memories and taken advantage of my opportunities. I had so much fun and I will always look back fondly on my Maine memories. Not really sure if I’ll ever have a Vacationland address again, but Maine will always be home.


While I’m sad to leave the good ole’ Pine Tree State and the great people in it, I am proud to report that I am ready to move on to the Big Apple. I know I’m so ready to do this and I’m not just saying that. I’m ready to go back to school after this three-month break, to meet new people and focus on the future.


I can’t wait to go somewhere that no one really knows me


…somewhere that will be completely new


…somewhere that holds lots of promise for my future


…somewhere that I can grab life by the horns (ya, Dodge, you love it)


…somewhere I’ll make friends for life


…somewhere I’ll learn life lessons


…somewhere that I’ll make my own


I have done everything to prepare for this day and the next chapter of my life. The possibilities are endless and I’ve only got one shot to do this. I’m doing things for me while I still can and I’m going to love every minute of it.


As Jenessa and Karen have so wonderfully reminded me, ‘It’s a glamorous life’ and I plan on living it to the full extent.


No comments:

Post a Comment