Sunday, April 7, 2013

Better Late Than Never, Right?

Soooo here we are seven days into April and I haven’t posted since … last year. Nothing. Nada. Zip. I have been so busy ( my usual excuse when the blog is lacking content) but I’m going to get better! I’m super annoyed with myself for slacking so much this year, but for now, I guess I’ll just have to recap the last couple months. 
 
We had an enormously huge, yet very annoying snowstorm that dumped around 30 inches in the Boston area. I’m not sure what was more ridiculous – the amount of snow or the amount of phone calls I had to make rescheduling game officials/visiting teams/clock operators/workers. This is the view from my front porch.

 

The plow finally came Sunday late morning and I could leave after being stuck in my house for over 48 hours!
 


Only took about two hours to dig out my car with the help of the guys upstairs. They are so clutch sometimes. The freakishly weird weather didn’t stop there, though. It was definitely below 30 this week and is supposed to reach above 70 on Tuesday. 

I started really focusing on my nutrition and workout plans. I think Sam and I have this down to a science even though we are thousands of miles apart. I’m lifting a lot heavier, eating super clean, trying to get a solid 8 hours of sleep a night, popping a preworkout every so often and loving it! 

Speaking of the nutrition, I’ve become quite the inventive little chef, too. I made a bangin’ cabbage, spinach, broccoli and chicken stir fry today, avocado egg salad, been churning out new protein pancake creations like nobody’s business and even made pizza using spaghetti squash as the crust base …

I made this for the fam when I went home Easter weekend and they all LOVED it. Super excited about this recipe, too!   


When I’m not sleeping or working out, chances are I’m at work. I spent a ton of time at work these last few months (especially in February and early March) but it’s been pretty fun.
We hosted the Ivy Championships for Indoor Track and Fencing. This was my first fencing experience … pretty cool!



Wrestling season came and went super fast …

Men’s volleyball is still playing despite the fact that it’s technically a winter sport and we are already well into spring season. I mean, we’ve had a ton of softball games already. Here’s to hoping the grass gets greener soon ... 



Oh and our basketball team earned the program’s first NCAA tournament victory. Pretty phenomenal season to say the least – can’t wait to see what next year brings.



One of the best things about these last couple months was literally reuniting with fellow Ithacans almost every single weekend for five weeks straight! First was Daan, the Lyndsay, Lisa, Tyler and Brock. So. Friggen. Awesome. I miss these guys so much and am so glad I had the chance to see them all, even if it wasn’t for too long. Here are Tyler and I and our post-game swag. 




Since my time at Harvard will be up soon, I’m back to the job hunting grind. I feel like I just got here so it’s really hard to believe I’m almost done. Such a great experience so far! There will obviously be a blog about this when the time comes.

This pretty much sums up the last couple of months! Here’s to hoping it’s not three months before I post again!

No comments:

Post a Comment