Sunday, September 12, 2010

Everyone's Favorite Season ... The NFL Season

Anyone who is any anyone in the world knows what today is and if you don’t, you MUST read on. Today marks the official start of the Patriots 2010-11 football season. While the Saints and Vikings opened the NFL season on Thursday, today is by far more exciting for me. The Pats are hosting the new-and-improved Cincinatti Bengals in a game that brings my three all-time favorite bad ass wide receivers together. Randy Moss will face off against Cinicinatti’s new Doublemint twins – Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens – for not only the best performance of the game, but the best nearly-impossible catch, most outlandish touchdown celebration and sweetest post-game press conference outfit. Take a look at some past outfits T.O. and Randy have sported: A bit much? Ya. Absolutely fantastic? Definitely.

Ochocinco is already expressing his excitement via Twitter. He posted the following early the morning:
Ummmm, I can’t wait for this. While I love both Ochocinco and Owens and have each of them on at least one of my three fantasy teams, I’ll obviously be rooting on Tom, Randy, Wes and the gang. Cinci should be pretty good and will definitely be an interesting team to follow, though. I fully plan on tuning in to their games throughout the season and I’d love to see them do well, until the playoffs, that is. Now that LeBron has made Miami his new home, the Bengals are pretty much the only hope Ohio has for even a close attempt at a title. And by that I mean, a division title.

The start of the season also brings me to another hot topic – Tom Brady. (yes, the ‘hot’ pun was very intended) While he has gotten a lot of criticism for his new ‘do, I think it’s great. I’ll even go as far to say that the extra hair just might have helped play into his walking away from a car accident early Thursday morning. No, concussion, right? He looks even more studly than before …

… more focused …

… even has the Papelbon stare going right here …

… and who doesn’t want to run their fingers through this?

Enough about Tom and his good looks for now. While I’m usually pretty confident that the Pats are going to absolutely annihilate the AFC East, I think we are going to have quite the race this year. The Jets (J-E-T-S! Jets! Jets! Jets! I can’t help but want to yell that every time I hear ‘Jets,’ even though I’m am very anti NFL green-and-white.) have locked up some pretty big offseason names and are expected to have a pretty good run. Antonio Cramartie, LaDainian Tomlinson and Santonio Holmes give second-year quarterback Mark Sanchez something to work with offensively. Jason Taylor, coming from Washington, joins Mr. Holdout himself, Darrelle Revis, on the defensive side of things. Individually (with the exception of Revis) these guys have definitely seen their prime. Together, though, this could be different. Pretty sure the 2008 Celtics proved that and hopefully will again in 2011. Hope you ate an extra doughnut or two, Rex, this season could require a lot of energy and hard work.

I could go on about the upcoming NFL season forever, but I must get in a quick workout, throw in some laundry and possibly make some game-time food before the madness gets underway. Let’s be honest, I can’t be the only one dying to see if Ochocinco really fires a musket after his first touchdown, can I?

No comments:

Post a Comment