Saturday, October 2, 2010

Pre-Race Jitters?

Alright, so it’s here. Well, almost…Maine Marathon tomorrow!!! Pretty excited, kind of nervous, ready to run, so LET’S DO IT!

Five months ago, just two weeks after my first marathon, I was back in training for my second attempt at 26.2. Yes, I know, I didn’t take a break. I have, however, vowed to myself to take a short break after Maine tomorrow. This probably won’t happen, but hey, I did think about it. So, I deserve some credit.

Since June, I have run a total of 558.6 miles in addition to whatever cycling, swimming and lifting I’ve done. So that being said, I think I’m ready for this one, well better than I was for Sugarloaf. Though, I did hear about a huge hill at mile 16. I didn’t drive the course for fear of freaking myself out. Can’t do anything about it anyway, right?

Today was spent recording a radio show for class but most importantly browsing the race expo and prepping with Jaime. She’s running her first half marathon tomorrow. I’m SO excited for her!! We rolled, stretched, ate, shopped and bs-ed about whatever. I wanted to paint my nails, but more important things had to be done. Tomorrow, Jaime will meet me at my house and then we will pick up Danielle. Then, its off to the races!

This probably doesn’t fall into much of an order or even make sense, but that’s all I’ve got for now. Race day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment